Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Down, Pump, Release...


For those who don't know much about me, I started working at automotive shop as an apprentice not to long ago. I mostly do all the easy jobs and any work that the others don't want to work on.

So at work today 2 guys come into the shop and we were not busy at all at the time so the 3 (Reza, Curtis and I) of us we just standing around until these guys came. It was a really really old Mercedes and it didn't have any pressure on the brakes. So what my job was to sit in the car and follow the process of Brake Bleeding. This allows brake fluid to reach the brakes without having air in the lines causing the brakes to lose pressure.

My job was to sit in the car and follow Down, Pump and Release on the brakes when my co-worker (Reza) tells me too. Now what I didn't know was that these 2 guys were "mechanics" back in the day so they kept bossing Reza and I around. He kept repeating exactly what Reza said and it really annoyed us. It was a long hour of Brake Bleeding. Now it was weird how the Brake Bleeding didn't end up working but those 2 "mechanics" said it worked... I didn't... Before those guys left they gave us a lecture about how honest and great we were and how great the shop is. When those 2 guys left... The only thing we could do was laugh. We told them the car wasn't fixed and they didn't believe us because their "mechanics". So I found it really stupid that they decided to bring their car, pay us and leave having the car in the same condition when we told them it's not fixed. I guess since they were "mechanics" they were to stubborn to listen to what we had to say...

Don't you just hate those super stubborn people?...

No comments:

Post a Comment