Friday, June 25, 2010

Getting Noticed

You know my buddy Richard made a good point about movies with sequels. He was saying how he was going to watch Toy Story 1, 2 and Wall-E just to remember what happened and then he would watch Toy Story 3. Apparently there are many hidden things/clues in Toy Story 3. And I thought... damn that's a good idea so I downloaded Toy Story 1 and 2 and as I was watching Toy Story 1 I thought of something about girls. Haha it just hit me randomly and it has no relation to Toy Story... So when the movie finished I thought I should write this while its still fresh in my head.

Now at first I was thinking why some girls put on make up everyday...(Again I know this doesn't relate to Toy Story whatsoever). And my first answer was its because they want to get noticed and get attention and whatnot. But then I started thinking about the Media and how it affects both guys and girls.

For chicks it's hard because models are like the ideal picture right and it puts pressure on a lot of girls. And those models wear make up, have perfect hair, slim bodies, nice clothes etc. and girls try to live up that media image. The media almost sets a standard which says this is whats in and this is what guys are into. It's pretty much the same for guys too because the ideal guy in the media is a guy who's in perfect shape, who's the perfect gentleman, has perfect hair style, rockin' clothes etc. and this sets a standard.

A lot of girls and guys try to live up to these standards and girls spend money on make up and clothes and etc. Guys will go to the gym to workout, fix their hair styles so its unique and whatnot... all for what?.... Getting Noticed and getting guys/girls coming after you. And everyone does it. Everyone. For me its going to the gym. I know I go to the gym because physical fitness is important to me but I can't say that I only go to the gym to be fit. And I didn't really realize how much the media affected me when it came to my fitness until recently.

But the thing is that when you're looking for a REAL relationship and a REAL commitment and you notice a guy/girl, you're not going to notice him/her for all the media stuff. Put aside the make up for girls and the buff look for guys. Bottom line is you get noticed for being yourself. I remember one night my friends and I were sitting around talking about the most important quality for a girl. For me, I said it was her smile. =D

I know this post is a little different from the rest but I wanted to write about it

Do you think people get sucked up in the media?
Follow, Comment and Share!

8 comments:

  1. o.o;; what douche bags. learn to grow up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well every1 is affected by the media (maybe not amish) and physical appearance does play a role (more or less depending on a person) but i don't think anyone can say 100% that appearances don't matter at all

    its looks that gets people noticed, then its the personality that keeps them there

    who can say they wud walk up to sum random unattractive person and try 2 hook up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Anonymous,
    In my post I never mentioned about attractiveness because that's a different story. My post is talking about the media and how it affects our judgment on people's looks. You don't have to follow the media's standard to find someone attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ppl care about appearnaces, the standard for appearances are set by the media, hence if u can't say 100% that appearances doesn't matter at all, ur affected by the media

    "I know I go to the gym because physical fitness is important to me but I can't say that I only go to the gym to be fit. And I didn't really realize how much the media affected me when it came to my fitness until recently."

    u're caring about ur appearance due to the media

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually for the most part I go to the gym for me... I care about how I look, not about how others really look at me. Only a small part of it is about what others think. It's just a bonus when I get results at the gym.

    But yes I did say in my post that people care about their appearances. That doesn't mean that you have to be attracted to someone who follows the media's standard of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. everyones affected by the media; examples would be getting hairstyles or clothing like celebrities. I agree the media does set a standard for beauty and of course the media focuses of physical beauty (thats what sells). In media your only being exposed to one side; your not getting to know anyone personally which i believe is the other factor in "beauty" (inner-beauty).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous,

    From your last comment, it looks like your agreeing with me and not arguing with me anymore. So I guess I'm trying to say Thanks! =D

    ReplyDelete