Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It Softens the Blow

Haha I think I shoulda put up this blog on Monday but its all good. Alright so I was at work on Monday and everything seemed to be going great. It started to seem like my boss was letting me do more which is what I wanted. Then my boss came up to me saying he has a problem. Because I was working under the table I didn't have workers insurance, and the insurance company was breathing down my bosses neck. So the only way for me to continue working would be to register as an apprentice however I got school in September so there really no point. So my boss had no choice to fire me ><...

Now while he was saying that he kept saying how he doesn't want to fire me but he has no choice and that he couldn't ask for a better hand. Haha of course I know better and know that he was full of it. But then this made me think of relationships... HAHA Yea I wasn't really upset about getting fired.

Now you might think "WTF How do you think of relationships from getting fired at work..." Although it this may sound harsh getting fired is the same as breaking up. You see during a break up you try to cause as little pain as possible. And by doing so you might say something like "Its not me... its you" and in my case "Its not that I want to, Its just the insurance company"

But is it better to say something like that to soften the break up or is it better to hear the truth? You see if you make something up to soften the break up then your partner will never know why you really did break up. But on the other hand you don't want him/her to know the truth to feel that break up pain.

This really depends on the person and there's no good way to break up but in the end I would think they would want to hear the truth. Remember this is my opinion.

Questions
What would you do?
Did I get fired or did I get laid off? ><

**On a side note Happy 19th Birthday Matthew Yu!
Have a good one. Cheers*

Follow, Comment, and Share!

3 comments:

  1. What a good topic even if it has nothing to do with your work. I'll actually answer your question for once. For me, I'd rather hear the truth. Like who the heck wants to hear "Its not you its me." With me, as long as the person has the decency to 'break up' face to face its good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, nothing can be compared to the truth.
    oh and thanks canny! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear about your job! :( and yesss i agree with richard & mattttt ... face to face and tell the truth .. but i think u got laid off and not fired .. ur boss seems to like u ?? from what u wrote =p

    ReplyDelete