Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Friends Approval

Damn so far this summer kinda sucks. Working only part-time meaning I can't afford a car, most friends are either working/school and can't hangout most of the time, sprained my wrist and can't workout...BUT at times like these you gotta keep your chin up high and enjoy the free time that you got. Always look on the positive side people! Now about the main topic.

Friends are really important in a relationship. You gotta be good friends with your girlfriends friends and she has to be friends with your friends. At the beginning it's kinda funny because if you go after a chick then you gotta go after her friends as well. What I mean by that is you gotta get the friends approval before anything serious can really happen. This even goes for bros too. If your boy goes after a chick and you got a problem with her then chances are things will turn out bad.

A reason I'm writing this blog now is because I was watching "Friends" and the episode was about getting your friends approval. Phoebe, one of the girls, was going out with a guy named Roger who was a therapist. The rest of the friends hated him which caused their relationship to fail.

But the main reason I'm writing this blog is because not to long ago a friend of mine told me about this girl. And when he talked about her, it was almost like he used a different tone in his voice. I didn't mention anything about her until my buddy actually told me that he has taken a shine to this girl. So when he told me about this girl he was talking about how we watch the same shows and that I would like her and be good friends with her. The way I saw it was that he was trying to get me to like her before we even met. And even though we haven't met yet I'm sure shes a fantastic girl. If my friend does read this blog I wish him the best of luck in getting this girl and that she's already approved in my books =P.

I do actually find it important that your boyfriend/girlfriend are good friends with your friends. Not only that but your boyfriend/girlfriend should WANT to meet your friends because friends reflect what kind of person you really are. But there will be times where you won't approve the person your friend is dating and as a friend you still should try and make an effort to become friends because that's what friends do. In the end you should know that getting your friends approval of the person your dating is vital. So make sure that you introduce your boyfriend/girlfriend to your friends, get their approval, and you guys can start your relationship knowing your friends got your back.

** On a side note Happy 19th Birthday Richard Chong!
Have a good one! Bro's for Life! Cheers*

A question completely unrelated to my blog:
Should I get a Mohawk?

Please leave your comments below about the question and/or the blog!
Follow, Comment and Share!

2 comments:

  1. yeah thats so true, i know this girl that dated this guy who none of her friends knew (or liked) so she ended up distancing herself away from her group of friends, instead of breaking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankss I'm FINALLY 19!

    1) Yeah, get a mohawk for the fun of it.

    2) In my opinion if my girlfriend was friends with my other friends thats great BUT I don't think its THAT vital in a relationship. THe show 'Friends' obviously exaggerates a bit with that but isn't a relationship between 2 people? It should be based on how the guy feels about the girl, not how its bros feel about her.

    ReplyDelete