Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kids These Days...

Its been awhile since my last post but its really getting hard for me to think of topics to write about. But every time I do come across or think of a topic I try to write about it and share it with my readers. Hopefully people are interested in my blog and people will continue reading them. Feel free to share this with your friends so I get more readers and followers =D.

So I was trying to think of a topic to write about until I came across something that gave me an idea. On Sunday late afternoon I ate with family and my cousin asked for a ride to his girlfriend's house. Just when I was pulling up to the driveway he saw his girlfriend's dad's van parked in the driveway and said "Damn her dad's home..." and that made me think. Parents will pretty much always hate who your dating if they find out... or you tell them (Especially if your a girl that's dating).

If your a dude and you go to your girlfriends house, her dad will pretty much hate you no matter who you are. Why? Because well your dating his precious little flower and no father wants that. Generally the mom isn't too defensive about what kinda guy their daughters date unless they really are bad for them. Guys know that the dad will hate them but they normally will be nice and courteous to try and minimize the hate. But the thing about this is that SOME girls like it when their parents hate who they date... It has something to do with getting back at their parents haha.

If your a chick and you go to your boyfriends house, his mom will probably hate you and you'll probably hate her. I can't explain it but it seems like they never get along with each other. It has to do with some generation gap or something haha. The dad will probably not really care what kinda girl their son dates.

So yea I just thought this was interesting and something I should share to my readers.

What kind of issues did you encounter with your BF/GF's parents?
Follow,Comment,and Share

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree on this. I think you have a white perspective on many of the issues you talk about. I understand what you mean about the dad not liking the boyfriend but not every family is like the video "Love Story" - Taylor Swift. I know my parents like my sister's bf and I think he is pretty cool too. Just like if you brought a girl home I'm sure your mom would be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I agree with richard! not all parents hate their child's bf/gf. at first they are uncomfortable to realize the fact that their child's all grown up, but as they get to know each other they will get along as long as they're not a bad influence to their son/daughter in school

    ReplyDelete